2019 Campaign: Make June #MGStrong and Light The Map Teal!
The Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (MGFA) is excited to announce a “Light the Map Teal” campaign. We’ll start with a blank map of the United States, with each state lighting up teal for June Awareness efforts completed. Make sure to let us know about all the great work happening in your community by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting on social media using the #MGStrong tag. Show your community’s commitment to MG Awareness and help inspire others to do the same. Represent your state and help us go teal nationwide!
To help us go teal in your state, June Awareness efforts can consist of any of the following:
- Lighting Up Teal: corporate buildings, sports stadiums, bridges or street lights
- Proclamation Nation: establishing city, town, and state proclamations
- Press Coverage: receiving any press around June Awareness; newspaper, magazine articles or TV station interviews (MG Walk promotion included here too!)
- DIY Fundraising: complete a Do-It-Yourself fundraiser during the month of June
- Showing Support: send us your support group meeting photo with everyone dressed in teal
Please stay tuned via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during May and June for more information. We’ll provide you with more information and outreach tactics to help you light your state teal and raise MG awareness. Your efforts are important in increasing understanding and diagnosis of MG.