Are you looking to connect with others who share common life experiences? Support Groups can offer you support, resources, educational programming as well as social and recreational activities.
- Share your story. Support Groups are an opportunity to share your experiences openly and freely in a safe setting. Sharing your journey will not only offer you a sense of empowerment, but will help others in finding reassurance and learning new strategies to living with MG.
- Learn from local professionals. Support Groups offer educational programming and invite guest speakers directly from your community to present on a variety of topics. There are opportunities to learn about exercising techniques, insurance information, wellness, diet and more.
- Offer support to your family & friends. Support Groups are led by the community and naturally become family-oriented. We typically turn to our family and friends first, but they may need support too! Support Group meetings are an opportunity for your family, caregiver and / or friends to learn more about MG.
- Online Support Groups are open to anyone regardless of where you live. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been conducting virtual Support Groups using the Zoom video conferencing platform. These online groups are open to anyone in the MG Community no matter where you live. Many groups have educational guest speakers so anyone can learn from their expertise.
- We invite our spanish speaking community members to join our spanish-language support groups. These take place on the 4th Saturday of every other month - Cuarto Sábado del mes cada otro mes at 11am PT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET - 11am (pacificó), 1pm (centro), 2pm (este) - January 23, 2021, 23 de enero del 2021 , March 27, 2021, 27 de marzo del 2021, May 22nd, 2021, 22 de mayo del 2021, July 24, 2021, 24 de julio del 2021, September 25, 2021, 25 de septiembre del 2021 , November 20, 2021, 20 del noviembre del 2021 - Contact: Leah Gaitan-Diaz email@example.com
First-ever MGFA Caregiver Support Group: We are pleased to announce the formation of MGFA's first Caregiver's Support Group. The very first meeting will be on Saturday, June 12 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern. MGFA will introduce our new Support Group Leader Toni Gitles who is a caregiver consultant and MG Patient. Join the zoom meeting on the appropriate date and time.
- If you are interested in starting a support group, please reach out to Dova Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we continue to experience the uncertainty and volatility of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, MGFA has asked all Support Group Leaders to not host in-person support group meetings until further notice. However, MGFA has provided Support Group Leaders with the ability to conduct online videoconference meetings. Please check our virtual Support Group schedule links below to find a meeting.
Online Spport Groups are available to anyone regardless of where you live. You can live in any region across the country or around the world and access this valuable information.
We want to reiterate that our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of all members of the extended MGFA family. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MGFA at 1-800-541-5454 or email email@example.com.
Click Here for the Virtual Meetings Schedule Click Here for the Virtual Meetings Calendar