In honor of MG Awareness Month in June, yoga expert Katie Oradini, owner of Farmhouse Yoga, LLC, will be conducting a free, online yoga class for everyone in the MG Community. She will showcase seated and low impact movements as well as some slightly advanced moves for people with a range of physical abilities. Register today and join us as we focus on our mind, body, and physical wellness as a way to manage our myasthenia through the art of yoga. We’re getting stronger every day! #MGStrong
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern
Register on the Form to the Right of this Page
About the CLASS:
- Class will be 45 minutes, gentle, low-impact & beginner friendly.
- We will spend the majority of class in, or using, our chair.
- Class will include seated, standing & gentle balancing yoga poses.
- Props to have: a chair (preferably one without “arms” on the sides) + a blanket or towel (optional).
Katie’s TIPS for a Virtual class:
- Wear comfortable clothing!
- Prepare a space beforehand, so you feel ready for class.
- Try to make sure your chair is placed on a hard, flat surface for stability.
- You can mostly follow the guidance of my voice. But, for visual guidance too, set up your device so you can see me clearly and follow along.
- Be patient with yourself. Practicing yoga looks and feels different for every body! I will offer various movements per pose, so you can pick what is best for you. If something does not feel accessible, you can always skip a pose.
- Have fun & enjoy yourself! This will be a great opportunity to connect with our bodies and treat ourselves to self-care.
This is one of several online events that MGFA will feature during June. We’re all turning awareness into action, so we hope you will participate in our online events to take action.