You can make an immediate impact on health-related research and patient support at the MGFA by making an outright gift today. After making your gift, we will mail you a gift receipt. If you made a gift by credit card, your gift will appear on your next credit card statement as Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, Inc.
- Make an online gift with your credit card (MasterCard, or Visa).
- Donating to your friend or family member's MG Walk team? Click here!
- Start a Facebook fundraiser! Click here!
- Make a recurring gift withdrawn from your checking or savings account. Your gift will be withdrawn from your checking or savings account on or around the 15th of each month. Complete our authorization form (PDF).
- Make a cash or credit card gift by mail. Download, print, and complete our gift form (PDF) and mail to the following address:
Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America
1707 N. Randall Rd, Suite 200
Elgin, IL 60123
Did you know that you can double your gift to MGFA at no additional cost to you? Many employers will match your donation, or sometimes more than double your donation to MGFA. Ask your Human Resources Department to find out how.
Making a Gift of Securities
Please follow these instructions when making a gift of stock or securities to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, Inc.
- Notify us of your plans.
Inform the foundation of the specific property you plan to contribute, including the number of shares and the name of the issuing company or mutual fund. When you call (212-297-2156 or 800-541-5454), tell us that you are interested in making a gift of securities. You will be connected with the appropriate staff person. Please note: According to IRS guidelines, the date and value of your gift are determined by the date on which the foundation takes control of the securities.
- Transfer securities to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, Inc.
- Publicly Traded Securities held in a brokerage account
Send your broker a letter of authorization, specifying the securities to be transferred and purpose of your gift, e.g., restricted to research, or unrestricted for patient services and support. Send a copy of this letter to your contact person to the national office (A blank Letter of Authorization for Broker (PDF) is available for your use.) We prefer for you to have the securities transferred electronically, directly to the foundation's account with Dain Rauscher, as listed below. This minimizes sales and administrative costs to the foundation, so that more of your gift can be put to its intended use.
Dain Rauscher's DTC number: 0235
Restricted for research account number is: 302-71527
Unrestricted account number is: 302-71528
- Mutual Funds
To make a gift of mutual funds, your shares must be re-registered in the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America, Inc.'s name. Send your mutual fund company a written request, signing the letter exactly as your name appears on your account, and send a copy of your letter to the foundation. Be sure to include all of the following information:
- your account number
- the number of shares and name(s) of the specific fund to be transferred
- your Social Security number(s)
- the intended use of your gift
- the foundation's address and tax identification number:
Federal ID Number: 13-5672224
- 3. Some mutual fund companies require that you have your signature guaranteed by a bank officer; others require a Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer's ID and Certification) signed by the foundation. So, please check with your mutual fund company.