Webinars – Webinars led by MG experts and MG community leaders.
Fatigue & MG Webinar with Dr. Govindarajan and Wilma Koopman
Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 8:00 pm EST
More details to come
Previous Webinars: https://myasthenia.org/Resources-Community/MG-Materials-and-Webinars
Please make sure to sign up for our MG News and e-blasts here for more details about our webinars!
Regional Conferences – MGFA and local MG groups often work together to create regional educational programs designed to bring the MG community to you.
Join us at the Pacific Northwest Regional Conference on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at Bellevue College in Bellevue, WA. Learn about the latest in MG research and meet fellow patients. Everyone is welcome to attend - patients, caregivers, family and friends. Tickets to this event are free of charge. Lunch will be provided. If you are able, please make a donation to the MGFA. Registration will start at 9:00am and meeting will start at 10:00am.
To register for the Pacific Northwest Regional Conference, visit: https://give.classy.org/PNWRegionalConference
International Symposium – International forum focused on ready-to-publish medical research and connecting the global myasthenia gravis medical community. 300+ medical professionals attend. Our most recent symposium was in May 2017 in New York City. Stay tuned for our next one coming in 2022!
Our National Conference is an annual educational opportunity around myasthenia gravis. Over 200 participants attend, representing people with MG, family, and health professionals. The National Conference program features MG experts, community leaders and health professionals. The conference is a great opportunity to meet others in the MG Community and make friends from across the country. Some sessions are taped, so if you have not been able to attend you can still access some of this great information.
- 2020 National Conference: Forth Worth, TX
- Save the Dates: April 4 - 6
- 2019 National Conference: Atlanta, GA
- To view the online conference app, see here.
- To view the 2019 Conference website see here.
- To view session recordings, see our YouTube page here.
Walk For A World Without MG
The MG Walk is dedicated to raising awareness, renewing hope, and connecting communities around MG. The Walk raises critical funds for research, patient services, education and advocacy. The Walk puts the power directly into the hands of the community; allowing everyone battling this illness to become part of the driving force for MG research, to ultimately find a cure. The Walk also provides a space to share and support each other in a safe and nurturing environment, often for the first time, while joining with community. Be a part of the movement!
June is MG Awareness Month
Every June, the MG Community goes above and beyond to spread awareness of myasthenia gravis through city proclamations, building lightings, social media campaigns and more! Our goal is to increase public awareness, strengthen community connections and fuel important research towards finding a cure for MG. How can you be part of June Awareness month?
- Go Teal! – encourage local city buildings or landmarks to light up teal for MG awareness
- Get Social!- find us on social media, take part in our campaigns and share with your networks
- Spread the Word!
- Provide MG brochures to your local healthcare providers and professionals
- Encourage your healthcare providers and professionals to be part of the MG Partners in Care program
- Advocate!- write to, or meet with government representatives about legislation that impacts MG
- To get involved, please download our Public Relations Toolkit.