Are you looking to connect with others who share common life experiences? Support Groups can offer you support, resources, educational programming as well as social and recreational activities.
- Share your story. Support Groups are an opportunity to share your experiences openly and freely in a safe setting. Sharing your journey will not only offer you a sense of empowerment, but will help others in finding reassurance and learning new strategies to living with MG.
- Learn from local professionals. Support Groups offer educational programming and invite guest speakers directly from your community to present on a variety of topics. There are opportunities to learn about exercising techniques, insurance information, wellness, diet and more.
- Offer support to your family & friends. Support Groups are led by the community and naturally become family-oriented. We typically turn to our family and friends first, but they may need support too! Support Group meetings are an opportunity for your family, caregiver and / or friends to learn more about MG.
- Online Support Groups are open to anyone regardless of where you live. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been conducting virtual Support Groups using the Zoom video conferencing platform. These online groups are open to anyone in the MG Community no matter where you live. Many groups have educational guest speakers so anyone can learn from their expertise.
- If you are interested in starting a support group, please reach out to Dova Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we continue to monitor the current health crisis of Coronavirus, and learn the severity of this global health pandemic, MGFA has requested that all Support Group Leaders hold off on hosting in-person meetings until further notice. However, please check our virtual Support Group schedules below to find a meeting.
Online Spport Groups are available to anyone regardless of where you live. You can live in any region across the country or around the world and access this valuable information.
We want to reiterate that our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of all members of the extended MGFA family. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MGFA at 1-800-541-5454 or email email@example.com.
Click Here for the Virtual Meetings Schedule Click Here for the Virtual Meetings Calendar