Scientific Meetings and Conferences
- Scientific Session at AANEM: Annual meeting that provides medical professionals the opportunity to learn from colleagues about current, pre-publication research in the field of myasthenia gravis. The session is geared towards medical professionals, but is open to the public. The meeting is held in conjunction with the annual meeting of similar professional societies of physicians who focus on neuromuscular medicine.
- National Patient Conference: Annual educational opportunity around myasthenia gravis. Over 1500 participants attend, representing people with MG, family, and health professionals. The National Patient Conference program features MG experts, community leaders and health professionals. The conference is a great opportunity to meet others in the MG community and make friends from across the country.
- International Conference: International forum held every five years, focused on ready-to-publish medical research and connecting the global myasthenia gravis medical community. 300+ medical professionals attend. The next upcoming Internation Conference will take place on May 10 - 12 2022 in Miami, Florida. Medical and Researcher Professionals can REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE.
Learn more about these events on our MGFA EVENTS page.
Medical and Scientific Advisory Board (MSAB)
Distinguished physicians, researchers, and nurses with outstanding expertise in myasthenia gravis. This international group of experts provides leadership to the MGFA on medical and scientific issues, including, but not limited to: scientific meeting development, grantee review and selection, and educational materials.
Learn more about them on the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board (MSAB) section of our Leadership page.
- Become a Partner in MG Care! Partners in MG Care are health professionals that have interest and experience in treating MG. Partners are involved in the MG community and willing to promote MGFA activities to ensure as many patients are connected to our services as possible. To learn more, please see our Partners in MG Care page.
- Lead the way as an MG Walk Medical Ambassador! Medical Ambassadors are integral in connecting MG patients to a supportive resource like MGFA. They help spread the word about local MG walks and help raise critical funds to support research and programming for people with MG. Contact us today for more information at email@example.com.
- Volunteer! We have many opportunities for you to engage with the MG community. Uniquely qualified and empowered by their experience with MG, volunteers are trained and supported to meet the highest standards of excellence. Programs like MG Friends, MGFA Support Groups and our MG Walk are all great options. If you are looking for something different, please fil out our Volunteer Form so we can find the right opportunity for you!
MG Patient Registry
The MGFA Patient Registry is under construction. We are not accepting new data points until June 22. In an effort to understand and serve the MG community more effectively, the MGFA registry incorporates general and medical information as well as diagnostic tools to gauge a patient’s quality of life with MG. Information gathered from this registry will serve to drive research, expand treatment options and better understand the full impact of MG.
- To participate in the registry as an MG patient, please see here.